2014

2014

Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Good News!

Rob and I are expecting our fifth child!!! We are very excited, and a little nervous just because of our situation. My due date is May 25th. This is another reason I have been nervous to start my new job, which was today! I did not tell them I was expecting, so I'm not sure how they are going to handle it when I finally announce it. But, after working there even just today, they all seem really nice and easy going, so I'm sure things will work out! As for my first day, it started a little rocky, but ended up going well. The only reason it was rocky was because I was extremely morning sick this morning! I couldn't eat and was fighting most of the morning to keep from throwing up, so I was worried about what I was going to do once I got to work. I had to go to the city offices first to sign all my tax papers and to get a badge. I'm actually really glad I did have to do that because I didn't have to clock in there, so it bought me a few extra minutes at home to try to settle my stomach down. After that, I went to the library. It went pretty good. It was actually a lot less overwhelming than I thought it would be. They are pretty organized (I guess you would expect that from a library) and easy going, so while I know I still have a lot to learn, I at least feel like I have a pretty good overview of everything. I understand what goes on, now I will just be learning how to make it happen. I don't work again until next week, and then only twice. While it would be nice to have more money from working more hours, it is kind of nice to be taking the training at a nice easy pace, especially right now! My kids are all super excited for the new baby. When we asked Isaac what we should name it if it was a boy, he said, "Little Josh Groban"! I thought that was pretty funny! Also, tomorrow is Melanie's wedding! She went through the temple yesterday, and it was fun to go and be with her there. I have to admit that I decided after having morning sickness so bad this morning that I wasn't going to take any chances tomorrow, so I called my doctors office and got some anti-nausea meds so I could make sure that I wouldn't miss Melanie's ceremony, which is at 9:40 at the Salt Lake Temple. Hopefully that will help with work as well!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations you guys! Babies are always good news even when circumstances aren't perfect. You and Rob are fantastic parents and baby Josh Groban is more than lucky to come to your family. Tell Miss Melanie good luck! What an exciting day.

Lesa said...

Congrats you guys! I am so excited that you are having another kid! I love little Isaac's idea for a name!

Wendy said...

How exciting!! Hopefully the morning sickness doesn't last long.

Laura said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful! I am so, so, so, so, so everlastingly sorry about the morning sickness.

Jenn said...

Thanks for not letting me be alone for too long! ;) Sorry we didn't get to come to the reception; I think Kaylie is coming down with something. :( See you soon! Good luck with the morning sickness! Boy, do I know about that!

Cami said...

Oh, wow, I do not envy you right now (with morning sickness). But just think about the sweet little baby you'll have in a few months! Congratulations!

Annalisa said...

Congrats, that is so exciting! Good luck working with morning sickness..just remember that it's temporary. It sounds like the perfect job.

Bridget said...

Congratulations! Sorry you felt sick. That's the worst and it can seem like there's no end in sight.

Julie said...

COngratualtions!!!! Let me know if you need anything. :)