2014

2014

Thursday, September 18, 2008

When it rains, it pours!

Well, we are experiencing a bit of a down pour in personal experiences that we'd rather not have at this time in our lives! First we loose Helmut, and then on September 9, Rob went into work only to find out they were laying him off, along with 14 other people. For those who don't know, Rob has been working for a company that makes trailer hitches, and with gas prices the way they've been, they have taken a huge hit this last summer in sales. So, it wasn't what the company wanted either, but it happened! So, we are now looking for a new job! If anybody knows of any Graphic Design positions available, let us know! I know things happen for a reason, and we must just be being led yet again on a path we should be on, but it doesn't always make it easy to want to be there! But, we are okay, and at least Rob and I and all the kids are healthy! Some days get really long, and we don't always know what to do with ourselves. There are only so many applications out there that you can apply for, and then it's just a matter of playing the waiting game, waiting for the right job to come along! Anyway, hopefully the next post will be a little more uplifting and have some better news! I sure hope so!!!

10 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

That's too bad. I know everything will work out for you, I just hope its soon. Getting laid off is a difficult thing to deal with. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Annalisa said...

We've been there and done that and something better has always come along. I know it's scary but just keep praying and things will work out, hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Jenn said...

I am so sorry to hear about Rob's job. We, too, have been there, done that, and something better definately came along, but it was really scary during that time! We had just bought our first home when he got laid off; talk about scary! We are praying for you, and hoping things work out!

Laura said...

Sometimes don't you just feel like telling Heavenly Father that you need a little break from these strength-building experiences? I'm sure He has a plan for you. You'll be in my prayers.

Julie said...

That stinks! I wish you and Rob the best of luck and know things will get better. Sometimes I wonder about the "expreiences" we have to go through, and I honestly can say that I know there's a plan, I just don't get it. :)
We'll be praying for you too.

jessi said...

Diana and Rob-
I am sorry to hear about your job, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I found your blog through Jen, and hope it's ok I am commenting. I also am sad to hear about Helmut, he was/is a great man. We really need to get together and catch up! Kev and I are throwing a Halloween get together October 25 @ 7:00 pm my house, and would love to have you come! You can catch me at our blog at http://jessisfunlovinblog.blogspot.com/
or email lilyjessi@hotmail.com
Love Jess

Amber said...

Hang in there guys. We'll also keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Emily said...

I'm really sorry things have been so difficult for you guys! I'm praying for you!

Ryan said...

Time goes by fast! That was a month ago! We really hope the job hunt has been successful thus far for you guys!
Ryan and Audrey