2014

2014

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy Month and Eden's Birthday!

August is almost always a busy month for me. There are a ton of birthdays in my family, and a few anniversaries as well! Plus, it becomes the month where you finally do or finish all those things you were going to do the whole summer but never got around to until now because you realize that it's the last month of summer and if you don't do them now, you never will! So, that being said, I'll update you on a few of the things we've been doing! Last weekend we had a family reunion with Rob's immediate family up at a lodge at Jordanelle. It was a lot of fun! We rented a pontoon boat one day and went tubing behind it and fishing. I haven't gone tubing since before I was married because I've been pregnant or recovery from having a baby recently pretty much every summer since I got married, so it was a lot of fun! Eden even went on the tube with me once (going slowly!) and love it! We also had a birthday party for Eden and my nephew while we were there. It was fun! Last Sunday we also had a birthday party for Eden with my family, and I think Eden really enjoys being 4 now. Her birthday was actually on Monday, and I did make the mistake that morning of being all excited and telling her she would never have to be 3 again, to which she replied back to by bursting into tears and saying she LOVED being 3 and she wanted to be 3 forever! I tried to calm the situation down, and by afternoon, she had decided being 4 was good and I haven't mentioned being 3 since! She did make me sing happy birthday to her every morning until yesterday! So, anyway, Eden is officially 4! She is so sweet, and makes me laugh, smile, and cry and everything in between! She teaches me so much about life and myself, and I am so grateful I have her. I know she is an amazing spirit and I am so blessed to get to be her mom! She is a wonderful big sister (even though she has her moments with her siblings, even now!) and already is wanting to help me plan EmmaLee's birthday which is on the 15th of this month. So, we are still going to be very busy for the next few weeks! Hopefully I will be able to update this blog before the end of the month and for EmmaLee's birthday! I also have all my pictures saved on a folder so I just need to remember to burn them and put them in my purse so I can actually post some pictures! Those of you who haven't seen us in a while will be surprised how much my kids have grown, mostly EmmaLee! I'll try to post them soon!!!

4 comments:

Cami said...

Tubing?!? That sounds soooo fun. I don't think I've been since I was 15. You're lucky to live so close to family. Happy 4th birthday Eden! I didn't realize that she and Bryn were the same age for a little while- in fact, they'll be the same year in school. Cool!

Jenn said...

Long time no see! Glad things are going well; I can't believe our girls are going to be 1! See you soon...:)

Karen said...

Wow, I cannot believe Eden is already four! She is such a doll and I hope she had a wonderful birthday. It's good to have another post from you...I've missed hearing about your life. Hope all continues to go well...good luck with August. I know what you mean by the end of the summer...

ahollandetc said...

fun fun fun! i love that little story about eden! aren't children amazing!?!