2014

2014

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Eden Moments

So, Eden has lately become enthralled with Spanish. She loves Dora the Explorer, and we have some good friends from Mexico who's kids speak both Spanish and English. As a result, Eden has decided that she loves Spanish and no longer wants to speak English. She goes around speaking "Spanish" and then tells me what she's saying. So, we were driving today and she asks me if she can please live in Mexico so she can grow up speaking Spanish. I tried to tell her that there are good people in Mexico and fun things to see, but that the US is a better place to grow up in and has more freedoms (I know, it was getting a little deep for her, but I tried!). She got teary eyed at my telling her she was probably going to have to grow up speaking English, but didn't say anything else. So, later today, after she had obviously been thinking about it for a while, she tells me, "Mom, I want to grow up speaking Spanish some place nice, so I want to grow up at the DI." I did manage to keep a somewhat straight face, somehow!

7 comments:

Cami said...

I want to live at the DI, too. What a cute little girl you have on your hands! Your story reminded me of the time Bryn had an emotional breakdown when I told her dinosaurs were extinct (she wanted to pet one).

It's so cute and tender when they have these little moments, and at the same time its so hard not to break into hysterical laughter.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, I about peed my pants reading this story. It's funny on so many levels. Very sweet that she wants to speak Spanish - maybe someday she can go on a mission to Mexico or work in an orphanage. Very observant daughter you've got there (there are quite a lot of Spanish speakers at the D.I.). I'm also a fan of the store.

Laura said...

That is classic!

Karen said...

I love it!! Eden is adorable and at such a silly fun age. Like Cami said...they are so innocent and sincere about their cooky ideas. Too cute! You need to remember that story to tell her when she's older.

Jenn said...

That is so hilarious! I love the DI too; in fact I got some great stuff there on Monday! Braden also had a breakdown when we went to Hogle Zoo and we told him that there were no dinosaurs there!

Emily said...

That is so funny! Sometimes I really wonder where these kids come up with the stuff they say.

Annalisa said...

Just wondering how you're doing. I totally spaced it on the recipe exchange, I am SO SORRY! I sure miss your blog since you aren't able to update it.
ME