2014

2014

Monday, June 22, 2009

My hives are gone, and so is my laptop

So, my hives are gone and I am feeling much better, but my laptop is gone as well, at least in functionality! It totally crashed last week, taking with it all my pictures from the last 9 months! I am so bummed! I'm still holding onto a hope that we might be able to get it fixed or at least recover out stuff from it, but unfortunatly, it will cost money to find out, which we don't have right now. Does anybody have any suggestions or had this happen to you? Should I have any hope for my laptop or the information on it?
Besides that, life is all right. Rob and I are currently trying to make some big decisions for our life right now, but it's hard to make because all of our choices depend on other things happening to make them happen. An example is school this fall at USU. Rob is already accepted and we've already been approved for some finacial aid, but realistically we will have to have at least a small part time job to survive. So, we are starting to make arrangements for that move, but we know if we don't get a job by the time school starts, we probably won't be able to go, but we won't know until it's time. My job now is all right, but once school starts, it almost shuts down, and I would be lucky to get 7 hours a week, which isn't going to cut it, so we know something has to change, we just don't know where or what right now. It all depends on getting a job, anywhere we might go, which is scary and frustrating for us to think about because that's what we've been trying to do since last September, so we are nervous about if it is actually going to happen! So, that's most of what we are thinking about these days! Eden starts school in August, and I'm not sure where to register her or where we are going to be! I did get her registered at the local elementary where we are currently living, but it is the least likely place we are going to be come August! Oh well, I guess things will work out, one day at a time!

4 comments:

jessi said...

Dianna- More than likely, you should be able to get your pictures off, just not the programs that you had. My husband is awesome with computers (that is what he does for a living) and would be willing to help get the pics off and rebuild it if you are interested. (for free of course) Just let us know. My email is lilyjessi@hotmail.com
Jessi

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry about the laptop! How sad! That would be great for you to head up to Logan; of course, we'd get to see you more often! Good luck on the decision-making! I've heard that there are several nicer restaurants hiring that make good tips! :)

Karen said...

Oh good gravy! It's just one thing after another isn't it? We have had a laptop crash on us before never to be used again and we were able to get ALL of our info and pictures off of it. So there is for sure hope! As for making decisions...I will pray that things start coming together for you. Something you could consider trying is dental assisting. You don't actually have to go school for it (even though there are programs), the hours are pretty good, and it usually pays pretty well. Just a thought. (I know someone who would hire you if you moved to Colorado. ;)

junebee said...

I'm so sorry about the laptop. Good luck getting your pictures off. It sounds like it could be possible. So frustrating to not know where you're going to be. Sorry! Good luck with everything, it'll all work out somehow! Go Aggies! :)