2014

2014

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rock Bottom

I debated even posting because I didn't want it to be all negative, but I also feel like I need to express myself somewhere! About 2 weeks ago both Rob and I had job interviews; Rob for a graphic design job in Provo, and me for a receptionist job at the state capital (which is a beautiful building!!). Both our interviews went well, and we were hoping one or the other might work out, but two days ago Rob got a call from his saying they had filled it with somebody else, and yesterday I got a letter from the capital saying the same. So, I guess neither of those were it! This could change, as our plans have changed at least three times in the last month, but for now we are planning on moving into Rob's mom's house sometime in August. Rob will hopefully be starting school at Weber at the end of August, and I will continue working at the Mt. Jordan swimming pool two nights a week. We will be looking for some kind of job closer to Clearfield, but as we have already looked before and not had luck, until we actually are able to get one, I'm not giving up what I do have. I hate to admit this, but we are also going to be taking out bankruptcy. We met with a finacial couselor and she said that this was probably our best option; I cried. But, after my first bitter cry about it, Rob and I have come to realize that it is actually going to be a very stress relieving thing for us. I guess you know you are in bad shape when there really is no negative to taking out bankruptcy. The worst part is how it will affect our credit, but even if we don't take it out, our credit is still shot, so it doesn't really matter! And, this way we will actually be able to recover in a shorter amount of years than not doing it. Sad, I know, but I'm actually extremely grateful this is even an option for us. We will be able to be far more self-reliant after our bankruptcy than we are now. So, there is our current situation. It sucks, but actually has a silver lining now more than it did a week ago, so I guess we'll take what we can!

9 comments:

Annalisa said...

So sorry to hear things aren't going well. John was laid off a couple weeks ago, but at least was able to get a job with the same company...just demoted. Literally we are making 1/2 of what we made a year ago and it bites, but what can you do? Do what you can and wait for things to turn around. Good luck with everything.

Lesa said...

I still can't believe the luck you guys are having. I so hope something works out for you soon! You guys deserve to have the good luck. Let me know if we can do anything.

Eve said...

Dear Diana, we're praying for you. Wish we could do more and hope your blessed with peace in your trials.

junebee said...

I'm so sorry! You guys have to have some good luck coming your way soon! Let us know if we can help with anything. Good luck!

Karen said...

I'm so sorry Diana. You guys really are going through a rough spell. We will keep you in our prayers. Things have got to turn around for you soon!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

P.S. I just got a new laptop. My old one has some problems with the screen occasionally looking like it's having a seizure, but I think the problem might be solved if I delete all the pictures and mp3 files. If you need a new (well... it's a year and a half old...) laptop, it's perfectly fine for browsing and such. Let me know... laurita33@gmail.com

Laura said...

Diana, I'm so sorry for your rock-bottomness-feelings. You're right about being lucky that bankruptcy is an option. It is certainly not the end of the world, and helps a lot of families get on top of things again. I hope things work out soon, but sometimes things don't happen as quickly as we hope they will, even for super nice people... but I do think that you are a really strong person and I know that you're really committed to doing anything you can for your family. You'll get through this, I know that. Also, I really appreciate your blog and your honesty. You don't come across as being negative - just honest, which is a breath of fresh air. One more thing - you haven't hit rock bottom. If you start drinking whiskey and smoking pot to get through the day, then we'll have another talk about rock bottom. ;-) You're doing fine.

melmommy said...

I'm behind on all my blog reading and I just barely came upon yours. Oh my, when it rains it pours, at least that is what I've learned.

Keep hanging in there and let me know if you need help with anything, like watching the kids or borrowing our laptop for anything you need. Of course, we need to go and get ours fixed too, but we should be doing that this next week, so seriously, let me know if you want to get some stuff done on the computer and you can take it for a few weeks.

As for the rash ... I'm always have weird things like that happen to me too. :)

Love ya Diana!