2014

2014

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st day of Kindergarten!

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I just got back from dropping Eden off from her first day of kindergarten!!! I'm not as emotional as I thought I would be, but it's probably because I haven't had time to think much about it! It has been a busy week! We packed up this last weekend, and on Monday, we moved in with Rob's mom. We spent most of yesterday unpacking some stuff and trying to get slightly organized, and Eden started this morning! She is actually in year round and should have started on July 20, but obviously we weren't here yet, and since the school we were living by is traditional, she couldn't start there. So, I saw her teacher a few weeks ago and got some homework for her to work on so she wouldn't be so far behind, and this morning, Eden and I went to school! We got there about 10 minutes early, so she got to play on the playground for a bit, which she was at first "too shy" to do, but decided after about 30 seconds, she was "braver" and went and played! When the bell rang, it took us a few minutes to find her class, which I found as they were going in, so she was the last one in, but I was able to talk to the teacher and introduce Eden to her. We talked about where to go so I could pick her up after school, and without a backwards glance, she went to class! I hope she is doing good! She has been nervous since last night saying she didn't want to go, and she was a mix this morning of being okay and not being okay. Once we were there, though, I think she was good, but I can't help but worry a bit until I see her again! I so want her to have a good school experience, especially in these early years! We haven't been able to send her to pre-school, so besides church, she really hasn't had any classroom experience! Plus, she is one of the youngest in her class; in fact, if she had lived here when school started, she would have still been 4 for the first few weeks!!! But, she is smart, and before we moved, all her friends were between 3 to 4 years older than her, so she seems very mature for her age. Anyway, there's nothing like jumping right into a whole bunch of life changes all at once!!! So, even though we moved, I will still be commuting twice a week to my job at the pool, on Thursdays and Saturdays, at least until we can find something closer to us here. I did find one job I am going to apply for here, but that will be something we start really focusing on here once we are a little more settled. One step at a time!

3 comments:

jessi said...

I hope she had a fun day!! Did you ever get your computer fixed? If not, Kev can fix it. Also, if you want we can have you over for a bbq. let me know!
lilyjessi@hotmail.com

junebee said...

I can't believe she's that old! Let us know how she did! Are you still liking your job ok? Good luck looking!

Annalisa said...

Glad you're taking it so well. I didn't realize she started this year...I wish they didn't start school until 6 or 7!.