2014

2014

Friday, September 10, 2010

You Never Know



Living by an Air Force base, you never know what you are going to see!  Earlier this week we were driving down the main street here by our house right after we had picked Eden up from school.  Suddenly, flying over our heads was this Stealth bomber!  I couldn't get my camera out quick enough to get a decent picture of it because by the time I got a picture, it was behind us and so flat to our view that it is hard to see what it was!  But, we noticed the route it was flying, and thought there was a chance it was heading back to the Air Force base, and decided to drive up there to see if we would be able to see it.  On our way there, it again passed over us, flying the same route!  We got to the base just as it was landing and taking off again, so I was able to get this video of it!  We've noticed that planes, especially the bigger transport ones, often fly a circle over the base, landing and then taking off again.  I'm guessing that they do this to practice their landings and take offs.  Anyway, ironically, after I took this video, it actually changed course and flew off over towards the west desert, which is where the other jets are always flying to, and didn't come back!  So, I was glad we got this video!  The jets can be noisy, but it is kind of fun living by the base and seeing the F-16's flying over head several times a day!  It doesn't really get old to me, and since my kids are used to the noise of them now, it's all good!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Wow, that was cool! I know Nick will be jealous because we were suppose to see a stealth bomber fly at the Idaho Falls airshow, but we missed it. Well, I should say they told us the wrong time. On the website it said it would fly by at 11:00 and we were on the road at 10:30 and only saw it fly by the freeway once on it's way out. Poor Nick was really disappointed. I'll be happy to show him this video though. What a fun thing to see. They truly are amazing!