2014

2014

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Foods

So, usually when you first introduce solid foods to your baby, you pull your camera out, and start with something like mashed bananas, or rice cereal.  It is a milestone to be documented.  Well, by the time you have your fifth baby, sometimes it doesn't always work that way!  To be fair, I have tried mashed bananas with Ammon before, and he didn't care for them.  So, at 7 1/2 months old, he really hasn't started on anything solid.  This morning I was trying to catch up on some laundry after the holidays, and Rob was talking to the school for Spring semester.  Ammon was sitting in his high chair, which is where I had put him while I ate my breakfast, and had then left him when I started on laundry because he was happy.  A few minutes into my laundry, he started acting a little fussy, so I asked Isaac to help him.  Usually that means that they find him one of his baby toys to play with.  He stopped whining, so I assumed all was well.  A few minutes later when I was done changing the laundry, I walked into the kitchen to find this!
"Look mom, I have a mustache!"
Who needs a bib?
"I would have eaten solids sooner if I knew they could taste like this!"

Apparently when I asked Isaac to help him, Isaac thought that Ammon needed a chocolate covered marshmellow grahm cracker!  Thankfully, Ammon didn't actually try to bite the thing, and pretty much just licked all the chocolate off the cracker!  It wasn't really what I had in mind as an introduction to solids, but again, I guess after 5 kids, things don't always go the way you'd like them too!

I know I am way behind on posting any kind of events from the last few months, such as my big 3-0 birthday, and all the holidays, but I will be doing a big post covering all this real soon, like before next Monday when school starts again!

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Congratulations on being 30 Diana. I must say that my 30's have been my favorite decade so far.

I also really love this post. Such a happy boy. However, now that Ammon has tried chocolate, I am not sure how you are going to get him to try anything else.

jessi said...

So funny! He's adorable!

Cami said...

Ha ha- I was the fifth kid in my family, and I believe there is something special about fifths. Maybe it has something to do with chocolate as a first food. :)

Laura said...

Ha ha ha - love it. I would have loved having Isaak as my big brother, I can tell!

Kimberly said...

That's so funny!! Well, I guess it did help him because when I'm fussy I like to get chocolate to make me feel better too! Cute pictures, I can't believe how big he's getting. And good luck getting him to eat anything else! Connor is now gagging on peaches, serioulsy they're peaches kid! This is the yummy stuff. Oh well. I'm still trying to get him eat something solid. Maybe I should try some chocolate so he can know what good stuff there is!

Jenn said...

Awesome! Thank heaven for siblings, eh? :D Btw, Happy late birthday! Hope it was great!