2014

2014

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Welcome EmmaLee!

As planned, EmmaLee Lucinda Fischer was born via c-section on August 15. She was born at 7:49 am and weighed 7 lb 9 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was born with dark hair, like her sister, and it's so cute and soft!

So, this is a picture of me maybe an hour before I had EmmaLee. I am happy to say that I am no longer this large, but I still have a ways to go before fitting into any of my normal pants!

So far EmmaLee has been very even tempered and has not caused us a lot of stress. She was born with no problems, which means she had no club feet at well! We were so happy to hear that and see it for ourselves!

Eden and Isaac both love her, although it took longer for Isaac to show it. Eden was excited, and I think she really understood before hand what was coming, but Isaac acted pretty much oblivious to what was going on for the first couple of days. Whenever he was near her, he would try to grab at her face, not meanly, but just because he's still pretty much a baby too and doesn't know any better! He now says "babeba" for baby, and when I hold his hands, he'll give her head hugs and just smiles! So, I think they'll be great friends!

The only complication that came up was that the night before we came home, Isaac came down with the croup, so it's been not fun trying to keep the two of them within very close contact. Eden also came down with croup, so we've been doing a lot of hand washing and avoiding with the kids! But, there's no way to avoid it completely, so we're just hoping EmmaLee doesn't get it!!!!

This last picture was taken in the OR room, and it's weird to me to think that while we were getting this picture taken, they were still sewing me up! Fun stuff, huh?!
Anyway, it's fun to have EmmaLee here!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!!

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you guys (other than the croup thing I guess...not fun). She is so cute!! I want to come visit again soon, but maybe I'll wait until the croup is over with so that Caleb wont get it too. Congrats again, she's adorable!

Cami said...

I'm excited for your family and your new (extremely cute) little addition. I found your fun blog linked off of Karen's, so I hope you don't mind if I read it. You're welcome to read mine at http://thefamilyjonesbloggers.blogspot.com/
-Cami