2014

2014

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Never Mind

I'm not even sure how to write this entry because I want to scream about it, but I'm trying to be positive, so sorry if it doesn't really flow. So, Rob worked all of last week for his new company. It was CRAZY! The company basically fired the guy that Rob replaced, like a month ago, but the guy basically ran the whole print shop and didn't tell anyone how he did it (thus he was able to steal from the company for a long time because nobody really knew what he did). So, when they finally caught on, they fired him, but nobody knew how to run the place, including the owner! Soooo, the owner keeps hiring other people (Rob was number 3) to basically step in and run the company. Rob's never worked at a print shop, so he didn't know how to do all the printing aspects. He was told he was being hired as the Graphic Designer, but reality is that the print shop doesn't really do designing, so really the owner hired the wrong person. And, sadly enough, the owner (Jon) really liked the first guy that stole from him (Jeremy), enough that he even named his own son after him! So, it's almost like being in the middle of a divorce because really Jon just wants Jeremy, and nobody is as good as Jeremy, but he won't hire Jeremy back because of what he did. So, everyone he hires falls short of his expectations. So, long story short, Jon called Rob Saturday evening and told him that he appreciates the work he did, but he wasn't the right guy for the company. It was bitter/sweet news because obviously we really were hoping for a long term job, but the truth is that Rob was not very happy there. From the first day, Rob knew it wasn't what he had been given the impression it would be, and we knew we were still going to be job hunting just as much as before, but we had maybe hoped the job would last long enough for us to leave it instead of being let go. The good news is that because the boss has been so weird about hiring people and then letting them go, he had arranged for the first two weeks to be "probationary", so he was paying Rob more like a private contractor than as an actual employee. Because of that, we were never technically "hired", so we should still qualify for the remainder of our unemployment. But, there is only like 3 weeks left of that, so we are hoping something comes our way soon! We feel like maybe we were meant to be in Sandy, and that's why this happened. Without it, we would have moved up to Clearfield already. So, maybe what we are suppose to be doing needed us to be in Sandy, but it's not quite ready yet, so something had to happen to keep us there instead of moving all the way up to Clearfield. At least, that's what I'm hoping! I don't want to move twice, and I don't understand why this would happen! I don't know why we would change our whole course of life for something that wasn't even going to last a week! I really don't feel like moving again so soon, so I'm hoping something works out! But whatever happens, I guess I'll just have to believe it's for experience, and try to be happy about it! At this point, our plans are to stay in Sandy at least until the end of the month. Then, unless we feel prompted otherwise, we will probably move in with Shirley in Clearfield. So, that's us this week! I'm ready to be off this roller coaster!!!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe it Diana! I'm so sorry. I know that something good is coming your way. You've had more than your share of trials. But I know that Heavenly Father is aware of you. I'll be praying for you!

Lesa said...

Diana, that seriously sucks! I can't believe that this would happen... I will make sure we keep you in our prayers and let us know if we can do anything for you! Seriously ANYTHING!!!

Julie said...

I'm sorry. I'll pray for you, and in the meantime be jealous that you are in Sandy and I am not. :)
Good luck.

Jenn said...

I am so sorry, too! I hope and pray something good will come for you guys. Heaven knows you need it! It will come! Love you!

Laura said...

Gees, you guys have had a serious rough patch! We are keeping you in our prayers. Easier said than done, but remember "that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." (D&C 122:7) Love ya Diana!