2014

2014

Monday, March 29, 2010

Good News

So, I had another ultrasound today to see if my placenta had moved up or not, and it has, by a whole inch or two! The baby is sitting really low, which had me more worried this last month, but the placenta itself is attached in a place where it shouldn't cause a problem with the c-section! It's funny because the baby was so low that the tech couldn't see something she was looking for because the baby was sitting so low and wouldn't move his head. The doctor had to come in, they had to lay me back and slightly upside down, and the doctor had to push (through my stomach) the baby's head down so they could try to get a measurement! The baby has felt so low compared to all my other pregnancies, especially this many weeks still out from my due date, and now I know I haven't just been imagining it! I don't think I will "drop" towards the end this pregnancy because there isn't anywhere lower to go!! I didn't get any cute pictures at this ultrasound because he's getting big enough that he's pretty cramped in there, and he was face down, and even after all the prodding and pushing, he refused to turn or look up! He is head down, and like I said, sitting pretty much as close to where my hip connects with my leg as you can go! So, it was a huge relief to find out that his position won't complicate the delivery, and now I just have to wait roughly 7 1/2 weeks and I will get to meet this little guy! Now if we could just decide on a name!!

4 comments:

Cami said...

That is good news- having a baby is already complicated enough without extra things to worry about. Good luck with the final weeks and finding a name!

Mandy said...

It sounds like my pregnancy with Finley. I had the whole placenta issue as well. ANd had to have another ultrasound and all was ok. And he was soooooooo low, it made me nervous because it felt like he was about to fall out all the time. In the last weeks, the doc checked me and was shocked that his head was right there, and then said he was surprised I was even able to walk!! Pretty crazy what we go through for these babies :)

Kimberly said...

Oh yeah!! I'm happy to hear that everything looks good! What a relief! And he must be anxious to make his debut to be heading out already! tee hee. I'm starting my ultrasounds this week to make sure everything is okay with me. I have to have 2 a week from here on out! Yeah, that's a ton. But they want to make sure I have enough placenta, he's breathing okay, and not getting too big. I gotta tell ya, I'm really anxious to be done with pregnancy, it's just been so stressful! But they are worth it! We'll see you guys this weekend!

Laura said...

PHEW!!! I'm so glad everything looks good. What a relief. As for choosing a name, I didn't pick one for a week and a half - it's so hard. Good luck!