2014

2014

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ammon's Blessing and Summer

On July 4th we blessed Ammon.  Blessings are always special, and this one was really fun as well!  As I've mentioned in early blogs, my brother and his wife had their baby, Connor, 3 days after Ammon was born.  So, when we were trying to plan when we were going to bless each of our babies, the first day that came to both of us was July 4.  But, they live in Idaho, which makes it slightly difficult to make it to both blessings!  So, after some discussion, we decided to do a double blessing at my parent's ward, which is the ward that both Nick and I spent most of our growing up years!
This is Ammon in his blessing outfit before the blessing.
This is a picture of both Ammon and Conner after the blessing.  I felt like it was pretty special and unique for my brother and I to be able to bless both of our babies on the same day, and it was fun to bless them in a ward where I knew so many people who helped shape my life!  Aren't they such cute babies!  I think they were both wondering why everyone was standing around them looking at them so much!
Ammon is getting better and better at smiling!  I never seem to be able to catch him when he is super smiley, but he's cute anyway!
Just another cute picture!
And another!

I liked this one too!
A little bit bigger smile, but not such a great angle!  I was trying to take the picture while I was holding him in my arms, and I almost missed him!  I also love how blue his eyes look in this picture!
Last Sunday we took a ride up Ogden canyon by the town of Morgan.  We found a little cemetery that has a lot of old pioneer graves just west of Morgan; I can't remember now what it was called for sure, but I think it was like Peterson, or something close to that!  It was on a bit of a hill, and it had an amazing view on pretty much every side!  So, we took a few pictures of the kids from it!  Morgan is basically right behind Eden.
Isaac at the cemetery.
And Emma's turn!
So, besides little road trips, the kids have been swimming a lot to try to keep cool this summer!  This is a cute pool Shirley bought that the kids have had fun playing in, at least until the plugs got lost! 
Cooling off!
On Friday we took a trip down to the Springville Museum for one of Rob's school class assignments.  The museum is in an awesome building (which I didn't think to take any pictures of!) and has a lot of really amazing artwork.  They also have a sculpture garden that they just completed last summer that was absolutely gorgeous!  I have decided if I ever get to have a nice backyard and I have the money to do so, it will look very similar to this garden!  This picture doesn't really show the whole look of the yard, but it was really very, very nice!  I love Isaac's "tough" pose, and the girls sweet pose!  I had thought about taking Ammon out and holding him above my head like the statue, but he was sleeping and it was hot, so we decided to pass on that, sigh, maybe next time!

So, that has been our summer for the most part.  Eden is getting ready to start 1st grade THIS TUESDAY!  I can't believe how big she is getting, and I can't believe school is already starting!  She is in year round, which is why she is already starting.  I'm glad she's on A track, because she's been off since the end of May.  If she hadn't been on A, she would have only ended school on July 2!  There are some good things about year round, but I do hate how short the summer's feel, even when on a track that either gets out early, or starts later!  The summer still feels so short!

2 comments:

David said...

You have such beautiful children! I enjoyed looking at pictures of the double blessing and your other children. Ah, the lazy crazy days of summer!

Jenn said...

So neat for you guys to do that together! Great pictures - isn't Ogden Valley beautiful?! Can't wait to visit this weekend!