2014

2014

Monday, July 5, 2010

June

So, June has come and gone, and I thought I would post some pictures from the month!
In June, I finally took Eden in to get a professional haircut.  For those who have been following this blog, you will remember that Eden had a tendency of cutting her hair when she was 3-4 years old, but hasn't cut it for a good year now.  All the butchered spots had finally started growing out longer, but her hair was kind of a wild mess of multilength hair.  So I decided it was time for a real style.  We went in, and the lady gave Eden some bangs to help with the general flow of hair.  She cut the sides so they framed her face, and left it long in the back.  It was pretty cute. Well, the problem with bangs is that they grow fast, and get into eyes.  So, this was the before shot of Eden, not long after her haircut.
Eden decided one night her bangs were in her eyes too much, so after using the restroom, she decided instead of coming out, she would give herself a quick bangs "trim", and proceded to basically cut her bangs off to the scalp!  She came out, and asked me if I noticed anything, to which I simply gasped!  Rob and I then tried to tell her that she shouldn't cut her hair, that's why we go to professionals, etc. We brought to her acknowledgement that the only people that have bangs that short are the ones with really short hair, like Isaac.  She then got upset because she didn't want to look like a boy. So, I told her we could try curling her hair and then people would not mistake her for a boy.  I also pulled some of her hair up, and it actually turned out a lot better than I had though it would!  The only down side for me is that now she thinks she has to have her hair curled everyday, so I went out and bought some sponge curlers and most every night now, after her shower, we put her curlers in so she can make sure she looks like a girl! 
This last month my kids discovered how fun stairs can be. They had the bottom of a box, and used it as a sled to slide down the stairs!  It was fun to watch them and brought back memories of when I was a kid and used all sorts of things to slide down the stairs!
I don't really know what to say about this one besides that it's hilarious!
We also made it to the Dinosaur Museum in Ogden this last month.  The kids loved it!  They are all roaring in this picture, like a dinosaur!
Layton City has several free concerts during the summer, so we went to this one which had Peter Brienholt singing.  It was a beautiful evening, and the kids loved getting out. We didn't quite make it the whole concert before Ammon got a little upset and we had to go, but it was fun while we were there!  Also, just as a side note, Isaac pretty much thinks he has to pose for most pictures, so yes, he looks like that on purpose.
This is a shot of the concert.  With our kids, we felt we would last longer sitting in the very back where they would have a little bit of room to wiggle!

And that was our month!

4 comments:

Annalisa said...

Her hair looks so cute curled! I think you handled her haircutting well. Me? I probably would have lost it.

jessi said...

Your kids are so cute! I still want to have you guys over sometime, but it seems so hard to find a time when nobody's sick and both schedules work out! I will try to find a time within the next few weeks we could have a bbq- if your still willing to try!

junebee said...

Looks like you've had a fun summer so far. What cute kids! Love the pictures. And Ammon looks like a sweetie. Can't wait to meet him!

Kimberly said...

Those were some great posts! I don't know how I missed seeing Isaac's birthday, but it sure looked like fun with that huge slide! It looks like you all had so much fun and I'm so sad we missed it--have I mentioned how we don't like living so far away? Anyway, I love those funny face pictures with Ammon too!! So perfect. And yes, he definately fits in your family! So cute. And Eden does crack me up with her hair styling talent. She's still cute even if she doesn't have any bangs! It was so much fun to see you guys, we miss you already!