2014

2014

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kids!

I really am going to post some pictures, but I have to write this down so I don't forget!

Last night we were having family prayer before bed.  Isaac ended up falling asleep in the middle of the prayer, which HE was saying!  He's too young for this to already be happening to him!

Also, and I'm planning on posting picture, but Eden cut her hair, AGAIN!  This time her bangs were the only victims, but she chopped them almost to her scalp!  She wouldn't let me take a picture right after she did it, but we went in and curled her hair, and I put some of it up, and it looked better than I would have hoped it would!  She doesn't want to let me take her in to a professional to get it fixed because she doesn't want to loose any length in the back, and I honestly don't know what they could do for her anyway!  I've never met someone who wants to have long hair so bad, but then can't stop cutting her own hair!  I've decided that maybe the best course of action is to try to teach her some basics on how to more properly cut her hair.  I tried to help her see that if she is going to cut her bangs, she should still cut them so they are a little longer.  When I told her this, she said, "Oh, I see.  Next time I could maybe look in a mirror so I can see where they look good."  Good to know she didn't even look when she cut!  I should clarify, though, that I did not give her permission to cut her hair, but just tried to explain basic principles of what looks good with hair and what would make her hair look like a boys!  That way if she does decide to cut her hair again, she might not butcher it so badly!  Kids, what can I say?

4 comments:

junebee said...

That's too funny about Isaac! Nice way to handle the hair cutting situation. Hopefully she won't cut it again, but at least maybe she'll look in the mirror now if she does! :)

Laura said...

I like your approach to her hair cutting - very pragmatic. Can't wait to see the pictures. :)

SheilaO said...

That must be a family trait that has been past down. I have been scanning pictures that we found at Grandma Dickeys and I don't think I have found a picture of your Aunt Sherry in her really young years where she hasn't cut her bangs really short. That's a good idea to teach her how. Now if only it will grow out enough to teach her.

jessi said...

That is so hilarious! I cant believe she tries to cut her own hair! So cute!!