2014

2014

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Two Weeks Old

Okay, so technically this is a day late now since it's after midnight, but I haven't gone to bed yet, so I still count it as the same day!  Ammon turned 2 weeks old today, on Wednesday.  I have pictures, and my goal is to post them tomorrow!  We've been a little busy.  Ammon's jaundice has been stubborn, and we had him on the bili bed, but were still taking him up to the hospital to get tested everyday for a week straight before his levels finally started to lower.  At his test yesterday, he was still at a 14, but it has finally leveled out, so he should be fine now!  He's still pretty yellow to look at, and I'll post a picture that helps show how yellow he's been!  He's such a good baby, though, and we have loved having him here!  Watch for pictures!

6 comments:

Cami said...

My babies were all yellow for a while, too. Reminds me of a coldplay song. :) Can't wait to see more pictures!

Annalisa said...

I understand how stressful jaundice can be. Carson was a very yellow baby for the first several weeks, even after the bili suitcase. Ugh, days I'll never forget. I remember staying up all night taking his temp and wondering what I was thinking when I decided to have a baby. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see the pics.

Kimberly said...

Oh good. I'm so glad he's out of the bed for good. I'm sorry you had to endure that, it's definately not a fun thing to have to go through. Can't wait for some updated pictures!! And good luck with the baths! Connor's belly button thing just fell off last night so hopefully his next bath can be in real water. Isn't it amazing having a new little one in the family?

junebee said...

I'm sorry he's been so jaundiced. That can't be very fun. So glad it seems to be almost over! Can't wait to see some more pictures of him!!!

this is audrey said...

The bili bed doesn't sound like fun. Hopefully, he's off soon, and it's smooth sailing babyhood from there!

Laura said...

Love yellow babies! (I had the same song flash through my head, Cami.) I can't wait to see more pics. Do you think maybe I could be invited to Kimberly's blog? I want to see Baby Connor. I'm not sure why I'm asking you, mostly because I have no way of contacting them. :)

Diana, I hope you're getting plenty of help, rest, and snuggles with your little guy. And P.S. Amelia was yellow for about a month, even after her bilirubin levels were okay. We thought she was going to be an olive-toned baby, but actually she's white like me.