2014

2014

Friday, April 25, 2008

Amazing results!

So, after my last post, Isaac ended up having a couple of rough days and nights. His mouth was so sore, he wouldn't eat or drink hardly anything, so he was grouchy from being hungry, on top of being sore! But, a couple of amazing things happened! One, because it must have been sore to suck, he refused to take his bottle. He'd ask for it, but then either give it back crying or just hold it. I have to admit I was weak and tried to give it to him because it got to the point where I just wanted him to drink SOMETHING, but he pretty much refused it! So, I went and bought him a couple of new Elmo sippy cups, and he LOVES them! So, he is totally broke from the bottle! I knew we needed to do it, I mean, it's part of the reason he needed his teeth worked on, but I didn't expect him to do it himself! Second, he has now slept all the way through the night two nights in a row!! He's never done that before because he's always gotten up for a bottle! The first few days were hard because he would wake up for a bottle, but then refused to take it, so they were kind of hard nights because he kind of just had to cry himself back to sleep because he refused anything else. He has gained more of an attachment to one of his stuffed animals, a little dalmation puppy, but I'll take that anyday! And, I think because he now does not use a bottle, he is eating a hundred times better! I had hoped for that result. I wondered if his mouth hurt so much from all the cavities that that was part of the reason he didn't eat well. So, after a week, everything is going GREAT! There are far more positive results than I could have hoped for! In other news, EmmaLee now has two top teeth and two bottom teeth, with I believe 4 more on the way. So, she has had her moments this last week, but she's starting to eat a lot more as well. Eden has started screaming, which is driving me crazy! I think she started feeling neglected because Isaac was requiring so much attention after his surgery. I think I'm going to start a postive sticker chart where everytime Eden does something positive, either on her own or when I ask her to do something, she will be able to put a sticker on the chart. After so many stickers, she'll get a prize of some sort. She's a good girl, but I can tell she's getting older and testing her boundaries more, and what I've been doing isn't working anymore! She and Isaac are playing a lot more together, though, and while they fight, they also have a lot of fun together and it's fun to see! We've also started "school", which consists of me teaching her letters and numbers. We are working on spelling her name right now. It's harder than I thought it would be, but she enjoys it, and I think it makes her feel special to have some special time with mom, learning something she very much wants to learn right now! Anyway, that's about it for now. We did get rid of our internet, so it is going to keep being a little more spaced how often I write. I also haven't figured out yet how to download my pictures yet, but I'll get my hubby to help me hopefully on the next post!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Wow, that's fantastic that Isaac has made so much progress. Bryn's in love with dalmations, too (I think we have 101 stuffed animal dalmations).

Laura said...

That's awesome that out of something so hard so many good things came about! Addie has a special dalmation as well - Penny. Hopefully Penny will help her through the next several nights when we take the binky away... aaah!

Annalisa said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well, as for Eden, Carson REALLY started testing his boundaries about her age and while it's gotten better over the past few months it doesn't end...good luck.