2014

2014

Friday, April 18, 2008

Done!

Well, I don't have any pictures again, but Isaac is done and on the road to recovery! I wasn't sure it was going to happen, again, because yesterday when I called to get his appointment time, the registration lady was asking a few questions, and she asked he he has a cough. I told her that he has had a chronic cough since November related to asthma problems. She seemed a little concerned, but kept asking other questions. She asked if his immunizations were up to date (for those who don't know, we choose not to immunize our kids, but I don't have time to explain all the details as to why in this post-if you want more info, email me!) and when I told her he doesn't get them, she decided that he has whooping cough, and that's why he's been coughing since November. I told her we have seen his pediatrician SEVERAL times about it, and that it is not whooping cough, but she had to get a second opinion anyway. I called her at 2:30, and she finally called back at 10 to 5:00. I actually did call her around 3:30 and gave her my pediatricians #, but when she called back, she still hadn't talked to him. But, they did decide to let him come, but she said we'd have to be in an isolation room. It stressed me out because the whole thing was stressful enough, let alone with something else to complicate it. And, it frustrated me that she didn't listen to me. I even told her that I'd taken him in 2 1/2 weeks ago specifically to get an okay for the surgery and the doctor said he would be fine. So, we get there today, and sure enough, they take us right back to an exam room. But, it ended up being a blessing because the waiting room was crowded and noisy, and this way, it was more peaceful and we got to control the atmosphere more. There was even our own DVD and TV back there! And, when the anesthesiolgist came in to examine him, we told him it was asthma and he agreed that he was MUCH healthier than he had been expecting and felt like he should be fine. Asthma itself added a slight more chance of a complication, but not like whooping cough would have! So, all went well, and in recovery, we also got our own private room, thanks to the whooping cough scare! But, once again, it was really nice! Instead of being in a large room sectioned off only by curtains with lots of recovering kids, we had our own room that was quiet, and our own TV for Isaac, and two nice, soft chairs for Rob and I, and in the end it was much nicer! So, yesterday I was mad at the lady, but today, I'm glad we had our own rooms for everything! The nurse in recovery said that the doctor rolled his eyes when he said that there was a whooping cough warning with Isaac, so I'm glad that the people with the real say of my sons health saw the truth. That was my only concern was that they were going to make a big deal about his health and needs for an issue that was non-existant. But, all ended well! Isaac is doing all right. He's already been eating, although I'm sure it's going to be sore for a while! He had to get all four front teeth capped, two molars capped, and 2 other teeth needed just fillings. His front caps are alittle large, but hopefully he'll grow into them more! It's also hard to tell because his lips are swollen from the surgery, so he looks like he's been punched a few times in the mouth! He also has a little lisp that I'm hoping will go away since the shape is slightly different now! But, I'm glad it's over, and now I don't have to worry about his cavities anymore either!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Good grief! Don't you just wonder about some people?! The funniest thing is how some people just don't listen to you, or because they are in a position of authority, they choose to think you're an idiot. Especially when it comes to NOT vaccinating. I'm glad it all worked out well in the end!

Amber said...

It sounds like the surgery was quite the ordeal. I'm glad things turned out well. I really like your new haircut by the way.

Annalisa said...

I'm so glad everything went well! It is so scary when there is any problem regarding your children and so frustrating when they won't listen to you as a mom. After reading your posts I've heard about SO MANY other toddlers who have problems with their teeth, at least we have dentists who can fix most of our problems, I know I'd have a lot of missing teeth without them.

Jenny Hart Turk said...

It's nice hearing your experiences about the Hospital. It's kind of funny because I work in Same Day Surgery and recovery at Primary, so I know exactly what you were going through on Friday. I also occasionally help in the Dental OR at Primary. Anyway, I can totally relate. I'm glad everything went well for you in the end!

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad that everything went well and that it was a better experience than you thought it was going to be. I guess things work out nicely sometimes. I hope Issac continues to get stronger and that things get better from here on out!

Emily said...

I'm glad you have that over with and that everything went well. It sounds like the whole cough thing was a blessing in disguise. Maybe Heavenly Father knew it would be less stressful that way. I hope his recovery is quick.

Karen said...

I actually read this a couple of days ago, but didn't have time to comment. I'm so glad everything went all right for Isaac and for you. Keep us all updated.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

ahollandetc said...

wow! so sorry for the stress! i am glad some sunshine found you.