2014

2014

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

News: Bad and Good

So, the bad news is that Rob didn't get that Graphic Design job. We had really hoped it would work out, so it was hard to find out. The lady did call him, so at least we didn't have to just loose hope eventually! We figure that our path must be somewhere else! The good news is that we do have my new job to fall back on. My first day is going to be on Thursday from 9-3. I will work out a schedule for the future at that time. Today is a hard day because while I think it's going to be a good job and I'm grateful for it, it is bitter/sweet. I really want to be home with my kids, and Rob really wants to be the one out working. I'm nervous as well to start a new job, just because it's a new job. I know I'll catch on quickly, but it's always exhausting at first trying to learn everything and everybody. Luckily my supervisor told me when she called to schedule my first day that most of it will probably be spent reshelving, something I am more than willing to do. I'm sure it can get tedious, but it's not as overwhelming as learning new computer programs or trying to help customers when I don't really know any more than they do right now!

2 comments:

SheilaO said...

Good luck Diana, It is hard to leave the little ones and go and work but it makes being with them even more special when you are with them. Just tell them you love them and feel no guilt!

Laura said...

Sorry to hear Rob didn't get the job. And I agree with Sheila even though I have 0% experience in the matter. Your kids will always know how much you love them. I had a bishop a couple years ago who said, "The question of whether or not you work outside the home isn't nearly as important as the question of whether you do your very best to teach your children and love them to pieces when you are with them." You can be an awesome mom and work at a library, too. I mean, come on, you're not working so that you can afford a mansion with a hot tub and porsche, right? And if you are, may I pretty please come sit in your hot tub?