2014

2014

Saturday, April 17, 2010

All Sorts of Fun Stuff

So, we took Eden into the doctor on Monday when she woke up with a pretty high fever still, and turns out she had strep throat.  Luckily, she has been the only one in the family to get it, so by Wednesday she was finally feeling a lot better, although she didn't make it back to school until Thursday!  So, thanks to our couple of weeks of sickness, I have fallen behind on some of the things I wanted to post, so here it all comes!

We did finish our staycation, and one of the places we went was to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum, which I have to admit was a lot cooler than I thought it would be!  I loved the star room, which was a kind of cylinder type room where on all sides, including the floor, the room was black with little lights that looked liked stars coming from everywhere, so when you walked through, it felt like you were waking through space!  That's not the best description, but it was fun! 

One of the really cool things was this sand pit they had towards the end.  I didn't get a great shot of what the whole thing looked like, but it was basically a big circular pit, built like a donut.  The inside was raised for smaller kids so they could reach in easier.  It was full of sand, and had a small stream flowing down the middle of the sand, which made the sand more shapable.  They had these cool aprons the kids could wear, so it was pretty mess free.  The kids loved it, and Rob and I could just sit there and watch them!  It was awesome!
The other place we went was a cute little pay fishing pond in North Ogden.  They have several ponds with different sized fishes, and they have grass surrounding the ponds, and places to picnic.  It was nice!  This is Eden holding up one of the fish Isaac caught! 
If you look close at this picture, you can see the MASS amount of fish in just this one side of the pond.  All the dark spots are fish!  Towards the top, you can see more green color, which is where there isn't fish!  There was no problem catching fish here!  In fact, the only problem is that you can catch them too quickly, so you can hit your limit (which is whatever you want to pay) sooner than you might be ready to go!

We also took my brother and sister, Thomas and Laurie, fishing with us, and Thomas decided to try for a fish at the big fish pond.  This was one of the fish he caught!  It was fun having them there with us!
So, since Easter fell on conference weekend, I dressed the kids up for church the week before.  But, I didn't think through it very well, and only took a picture at the last second, planning on actually taking more and better pictures after church.  The problem was that I forgot to do it later, so this is the only picture I got of the kids in their Easter dresses, and Isaac was already headed for the car, so I didn't get one of him at all! 
Well, I did get this one of Isaac later in the day, but he was already more casual!  I wouldn't have even posted it except I think it's so funny how he will almost always make a silly face when he is getting his picture taken!  He is such a ham!  He loves to make people laugh!  I also love Emma's face in this picture.  I can't tell if she is worried about what his face looks like, or if she is trying to figure out how to make the same face herself!
We did go to Caydin's grave for Easter as well, and so we took this picture of the kids while we were there (see how Isaac is still posing?!).  I'm so grateful for Easter, and what it really means.  Because Easter morning happened, I know that someday we will be a whole family again, all together, and I will be able to hold and see all my children at the same time!!!
The kids got to do two Easter egg hunts this year; one at each grandparents' house, but again, I seem to not be able to take decent pictures!!  This is one of the only shots I got with all my kids in it at my parent's house, and none of the kids are looking at the camera!  I think this pregnancy is really starting to use up my extra brain space, and I don't even realize I don't have great shots till it's over and done with!  I don't have any pictures of the hunt at Rob's mom's house, but we did video tape that one.  It was a fun Easter, and it was nice seeing family!
Finally, I'm not sure I actually want to post this picture, but thought sometime down the road I would want to see it!  I am now 34 weeks and 4 days along, and this is how big I am!  I feel huge!  And, I still have a month to go, and a month where the baby and I are suppose to still be putting on some of our biggest weight (per week)!  I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but I'm very uncomfortable, and I am feeling this pregnancy a lot!  I bet my waddle covers a good six inches or more from side to side if I don't make an effort to keep it more under control!  Stepping up into our van, which I never thought of as high before, feels like I'm trying to do the splits!  I actually decided to try to get one more really good tub washing in before I thought I might be too big to do it a couple of days ago.  I thought I was fine, and got the tub part all done, so I started to stand to do the walls, but my lower side started to hurt pretty bad, so I decided to go sit down for a minute.  It didn't help, and actually got worse, so I decided to go lay down.  I could barely make it into my bed!  It felt like after I have c-sections and using any of my stomach muscles just kills!  I figured at that point I must have pulled either a muscle or a tendon/ligament, and had Rob bring me Tylenol.  After a half an hour of laying down, I still wasn't getting any relief and started worrying I might have done something worse, so I called the nurse.  I described to her what was going on, and she said it sounded like round ligament pain, which she said can be quite painful, but isn't serious.  She suggested I take a warm bath to help loosen the ligament, and if that didn't help, to call her back.  I wasn't convinced it would help, but tried it anyway, and to my surprise, it actually did help!  Of course, our tub isn't very big, so half my stomach was sticking out of the tub, but I was grateful it was enough to finally bring some relief!  I also thought it was kind of ironic that I had a nice clean tub to bath in after hurting myself cleaning it!!  I was still sore the rest of the day, and really couldn't move well at all, but by the next day, I was feeling a lot better!  I did invest in a stomach support band after this incident, which has helped a ton too!  So, I'm glad I only have a month left!  Our crib that we have used for all of our other four kids got broken when we moved from Springville, so this week, we had to go buy a new one.  We were able to find one on KSL that also had a matching changing table, and all for less than half the price of even a cheap new crib, so we were excited about that!  After cleaning it and all our bedding for it, Rob and I set it up in Isaac's room, so at least now we have someplace to put the baby!  Now I just have to go through all our storage and find and then wash all the little boy clothes, no easy task for someone that feels like my body has been harded into a super inflexible whale! But, on the bright side, it is finally feeling like it is getting closer, and I'm getting excited to hold him when he gets here!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun with your Stay-cation. What a great idea! Isaac seems to be a natural and take after his daddy with the talent of catching fish! I'm sorry to hear about your ligament issue, but I'm glad it wasn't anything worse and that you felt better only after a day! And yeah for finding a cheap crib and changing station, I don't know what I'd do without my station. I still use it to change McKell's diapers! And today I found all my smaller clothes!! So now I just have a moutain of laundry to do, but at least I don't have to go buy a ton of new things either. I'm actually suprised at how much clothes we had for Caleb! And I got the bassinet all cleaned and ready to go today too. Little by little we're getting ready right? Hang in there and I hope you find your clothes soon!!

Jenn said...

I am so sorry about Eden's strep, and your tub-washing incident! I always had ligament pain, so I understand! I had lots of hot baths towards the end, just to endure it!
I didn't even know about that fishing area here - how did you hear about it, and where is it? So fun!
Hang in there - you're almost done! Then the real fun begins! ;)

Karen said...

Oh Diana you are such a trooper!! You look so great and so...pregnant! You really are almost there. I can't wait to see him. Loved the rest of your pics. Cutest family ever you have. (that was said yoda style)