2014

2014

Friday, April 30, 2010

Trying to Pass Time

Just to warn you, I'm going to complain and whine for a minute, so you don't have to listen!  I have less than three weeks until I know I will have this baby.  My c-section is scheduled for May 19th, and tomorrow is May!  I am so excited!  Except that thinking of the next almost three weeks feels like forever!  I am not sleeping, and walking actually HURTS!  It's not just awkward, it hurts!  And, to make it worse, I was simply walking across the living room today and tripped on our rug, which is only a half an inch thick, if that, but it is apparently too high for me!  Thankfully, I did not fall, but catching myself felt like I was ripping myself wide open!  I think I pulled a groin muscle.  So, walking was already hard, and now it's even harder!  Especially stairs, or anything I have to lift my legs up at all on.  And, for the last two nights, and now again tonight, my back is aching on my left side by my kidney.  I'm thinking it's just from the extra weight of my stomach making my back hurt, and everything "softening" to get ready for labor (which my body doesn't know I don't have to do), but I can't find a position that helps!  I'm retaining water more, so to use a phrase my cousin used, I now have "cankles".  So, while I am finally counting down and know I am close to the end, I also feel like these last few weeks are going to take forever, and I'm not sure what to do to pass the time.  I have pretty much everything ready for the baby when he gets here, which is good because my ability to actually accomplish a big task right now is pretty much at zero.  So, just when I really want time to pass quickly, I've lost my ability to do much to help that happen!  Instead, I just sit here a good part of the day, trying to still be somewhat of a mother to my other kids, but all while sitting down and moving as little as possible!  Anybody jealous yet?!

7 comments:

junebee said...

Yikes! Sounds like fun! :) I'm so sorry you're so miserable right now. Maybe you should hire Mel to come over and watch your kids so you can just veg out and not have to worry so much about them. Find a few good books, and you're ready to go. :) Also, have you tried a body pillow at night? I know I'm not as far along as you are, but that's been helping me tons. Just a thought. Good luck!

Laura said...

Ha ha ha. I liked that you tripped over 1/2 inch... I trip on air. Still.

When I was about 7 months pregnant, I gave a talk. Some people from another school were there, and when I finished a girl approached me and we talked about pregnancy a bit. I conveyed my utter misery / discomfort, and she said to just enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I looked at her like she was crazy, and she said, "I'm serious... you'll miss it."

Well... I don't miss it. Not at all. But I'm happy to report that I now feel 1000% better and more comfortable than during my entire pregnancy... and have felt this way since about 8 hours after giving birth, even with bleeding nipples, hemmorhoids, cramps and sleep deprivation. I know you know you'll feel better having done it three times, I'm just adding my testimony.

Hang in there - it will be over soon! And enjoy those cankles. ;-) Hee hee. They'll go away.

Kimberly said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry! I sure hope the next couple of weeks fly by for ya. I always love reading to pass time so maybe you can find a good book or two to help. Or paint your nails. Or watch movies. I don't know. I feel like I'm the same way, tired of waiting to be done. At least you know when you'll be done exactly!! I guess I shouldn't tell you that my doctors told me today that I'm measuring small...ironic isn't it? Anyway, I wish I knew what to do to help ya, but just know that we all understand and have been (or are) there with ya! Hang in there! At least your ready otherwise :)

jessi said...

I'm so sorry! I hate that last stretch of pregnancy! The night before I had Carter I had a total breakdown and was telling I couldn't go on anymore, I was DONE! The only way he could get me feel better was to make me laugh....He kept telling me the only reason we are having kids is so we could have little "maids" to do the house work for me (which of course is so untrue- mothers have to do everything!) But it was a nice thought. He kept just reminding me- "This too shall pass" Hang in there, your almost done! :)

Jenn said...

Oh, I SO UNDERSTAND!! I'm so sorry! I think you should leave your kids with Rob, go to Hobby Lobby or somewhere, find a craft or a good book...something to keep you occupied! You could rent a tv series and watch them all before you have the baby! Whatever you do, good luck! It will be over soon, and then the time won't slow down!

Laura said...

D'oh! I was about to typr "having done it five times," but then I realized you weren't exactly finished incubating number five. So I subtracted one from five and apparently came up with three. Awesome.

Karen said...

Oh Diana. I'm so very sorry. I agree that at least we know when exactly we will have them with c-sections. (unless they mercifully come before that)

Maybe you could make a count-down chain with your kids? That wouldn't require much moving...