2014

2014

Friday, April 23, 2010

Another Tooth for the Toothfairy!

So, just a couple of months ago, my kids loosing teeth was something I really hadn't thought about at all!  Since that time, Eden has lost both of her bottom front teeth, and two days ago, she added a third tooth to her list!  This one, unfortunatly, wasn't quite as fun to loose as the other two.  She had a dentist appointment to have two cavities filled that we found at a previous dentist appointment like a month and a half ago.  This last Tuesday was the soonest they could get Eden in to fix them.  She didn't complain about the cavities that whole time, but about 2 days before her appointment, she did tell me her gum next to the one tooth with a cavity was hurting her.  Sometimes my gums can get a little sore (maybe gingavitis?), so I figured it was just something like that.  Well, we went to the dentist, and it turns out that the bottom molar that had the cavity was infected, and had made her gums by the tooth swell!  He explained that at this age, when a tooth gets infected, they usually just pull it because even if they fix it, it has a higher risk of getting infected again, which can sometimes interfer with the permanent tooth underneath and create other problems.  So, they pulled it!  She actually had another cavity on the other side of her mouth, so they fixed that one first, and then pulled the bad one.  She did SO good!  I asked her after if she had felt anything, and she said that she didn't even know they were pulling and had pulled a tooth till they were done!  I really do like our dentist.  It is Ryan Johansen out at Jordan Landing, and he is so good with the kids, and the atmosphere is really kid friendly.  He and his staff really try hard to make going to the dentist as easy as possible!  Anyway, Eden did great at the office, but once we left, she was in some pain.  I think some of it was the medicines wearing off and leaving her feeling "funny" too.  It took a couple of hours, but then she started doing really well, and by that night she was doing great!  So, her tooth loss total is now up to three!  I'm just grateful it went as well as it did!

Besides Eden's fun visit, we've also been busy getting everything ready for the baby.  I did finally find at least half of my baby boy clothes, so at least we have something to start with!  We also finished setting up a bassinet for our room, and got a small dresser so we can have somewhere to put the baby's clothes!  Rob also started BYU-I this week, which has taken up a lot of time!  So, things move forward, and I'm down to less than 4 weeks!  Yeah!!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Good times! I'm a little anxious for Braden's teeth to start falling out...I'm pretty sure he'll freak out about it! :S
Just 4 weeks! Woohoo!

Annalisa said...

Poor girl, she hasn't had the best luck with her mouth. Has your pregnancy gone as fast for you as it has for me? You're almost there...

junebee said...

Sounds like a fun adventure. :) At least they did it without her feeling anything. That's impressive! Down to 4 weeks. . .how would that be? :)

Kimberly said...

Way to go Eden for being so brave! I think she does better at the dentist than I do! And yeah for finding your baby clothes! I found all of mine last Saturday and have been doing tons of laundry since. It's begining to look a lot like a nursery in our room too. It kinda makes it all more exciting knowing that soon they'll both be here and we can stop being pregnant! Just a few more weeks to go!!! We can do it!

Annalisa said...

Hoping you get this but all the items you asked about can be found at a health food store no problem...typically in the bulk section so you only buy what you need. I can't remember the name but I always go to the health food store on 7th just a couple blocks south of Harmons somewhere around 80th south.