2014

2014

Friday, February 1, 2008

Will I Ever Learn?

This is an update about the issues I described in my Bullies entry. So, how often have I heard the saying that you should always get both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions and yet I still sometimes forget to actually use that bit of advice. I have to admit that I owe my mom an apology for speaking somewhat negatively of her in my other post about Thomas being bullied. I did talk to my mom about Thomas and his problems at school, and I found out by doing so that yes my mom knows about it, but what I didn't know is that she is doing much more to actually try to help the situation. She has actually gone to the school and talked with his teacher about the issue. She has also told Thomas that he needs to keep telling her when things happen so she can help him. For anybody who doesn't know Thomas, he's very sensitive, and I think he tries to protect people a lot, like his other friend that is getting bullied as well. Well, I think he is trying to "protect" my mom as well by not telling her as much about what's really going on. So, by talking to my mom, she is now more aware, since she already was aware and trying to get Thomas to talk to her, of how Thomas is feeling and knows better now to dig deeper into what Thomas is really needing to say. Anyway, there's more to the story, but it's not necessary to explain everything. I do feel much better now knowing that the situation really is getting attention and help by those who should be helping it, and hopefully ease up a bit. Since going back on track, I guess Thomas has said it hasn't been as bad, but they've also spent more recesses inside due to the weather, and that has been where more of the problems have happened. But, like I said, now my mom knows that it is still really bothering Thomas, so she is going to talk to him more about it and make sure he is really telling her everything. So, don't be like me and jump to conclusions too quickly before finding out the other part of the story!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Don't worry, been there, done that! Of course, one time that I did it, it was to my father in-law, and boy did I feel stupid. Yup, it's a good lesson to learn, and learn and relearn. I'm still working on that one! I'm glad things are getting better.

Laura said...

Ha ha. Well, I'm very glad that Thomas has two wondeful women looking after him.