2014

2014

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas, Oh My!

I finally downloaded some of my pictures and thought I would post them.

I had a fun birthday a couple of weeks ago. We had a party at my mom's house on my birthday, which was fun.

My dad and brother even put on a little show of Jedi fighting! I thought it was a pretty well timed photo and I had to share it!

Thanksgiving was fun. I posted about it before, but here are some pictures from that day. So, this picture of Isaac is what I usually see when I feel a small child holding at my legs . . .

. . . and this is what I saw on Thanksgiving! This is my nephew Caleb, who I have a flirty, but non-touching relationship with! He loves to tease me, but he won't let me hold him. So, I was surprised on Thanksgiving to look down and see him clinging to my legs. It didn't take long to figure out the sudden show of affection! His mom was standing next to me with the same color pants and shoes on, and he thought I was her! There were several of us in there and we started laughing, which made Caleb happy thinking that something funny was going on. He looked up and saw his mom next to him and laughed with her, but never caught on that she couldn't be two places at once, or half and half, and just held on to me for another minute before walking away to go play! It was quite funny!

Finally, the day after Thanksgiving Rob and I put up our Christmas tree. It's hard to see, but it's only decorated from half way up because if we put decorations lower, they don't survive the season! But, the lights look pretty! I am happy to say that we are 99% done with our Christmas shopping, and it even happened before black Friday! I am not a shopper and I'm not sure there is anything in the world that I want bad enough to fight the crowds for! Kudos to those who are able to fight the crowds for the deals, but I think you're crazy!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the laughs about Caleb and the "mommy mix up"! It was really funny! I think I'll follow your example and only decorate the top half of my tree this year too. Hope Issac and Eden are feeling better!! See you Monday!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad you had a good one. Cute pics!

Laura said...

They say it's your birthday... it's my birthday too!