2014

2014

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Article

I'm sure like many of you I have been saddened by the tragedy in Joplin, Missouri this last weekend and that massive tornado!  My heart goes out to all those who have been affected!  It amazes me how quickly our lives as we know it can change!  I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel, which helps me to find peace in tragic times.  I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can understand!  While we might not always know why the things happen that do, we can always have faith and trust in Him that things are as they are meant to be, and that He will help carry us through those difficult times with perfect understanding and love!  Besides just the gospel, there are other skills, or knowledge that can help make coping a little easier.  I just published an article on examiner that talks about how to help children cope with tragedy, and while it's focused on children, many of the ideas are true for adults too!  Find my article here.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

It does put having to deal with a rainy day into perspective, doesn't it?