2014

2014

Monday, May 16, 2011

The News!

Guess what?!  I'm going to be a paid writer!!!  A couple of weeks ago I applied to be a writer for a website called examiner.com.  It's kind of a news site for local areas, and they have sites for international places too.  It's more of a community site, so the articles are written by local people for their local area.  There are a bunch of different categories, including food, entertainment, fashion, and family and parenting, just to name a few!  I applied to be a writer for the parenting and family section, and they accepted me!  I had to send in a sample article, and I honestly have no idea how hard it is to be accepted by them.  For all I know, everyone who applies is accepted, but regardless, I'm excited!  I'm planning on becoming a family and marriage educator with my degree, and this will be great experience to go with that goal!  I also have to admit that I have no clue how much I will actually get paid.  I know it is based on how many hits my article gets, so I'm hoping you all will check out my articles and spread the word!  But, regardless of what I make, I'm just excited for the opportunity and experience!  I should have my first article up in the next day or two, and I'll be sure to put a link for it on here.  I'm officially writing for the Salt Lake City Family and Parenting section at examiner.com!  And, hopefully my articles will be a bit more fluid than this post; I'm just excited because I got the official email today!!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Congratulations!! That is exciting.

Laura said...

That's fantastic! I'm so excited for you, and I will click on every article you write. :)

Laura said...

Mean, I will read them, not just click on them. ;-)

jessi said...

Congrats! Thats exciting!!!!

junebee said...

Congrats again! So excited for you.

Kimberly said...

Congrats!! We are both excited for you and will be sure to read your articles! Way to go! And sorry we had to cancel last weekend but Nick got stuck with some late work projects and we just wouldn't have had the time we wanted. But we are coming on Memorial Day weekend and that should give us plenty of time to be with everyone! So we'll see you soon!

Marsha said...

This is great news. I have enjoyed the information you have shared so far and will look forward to further articles.

Wendy said...

That's really exciting! I've read your first two articles and think they are great. I can't wait for more!