2014

2014

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What You Do When School's Out!

So, now that school is done for the year, we've been taking the last few weeks to catch up on some fun!  This last weekend was bitter/sweet.  Rob, Ammon, and I ended up getting a bit sick, but Rob had the worst of it.  To give him a bit of a break from crazyness, on Saturday I took my kids and my younger brother and sister for an outing.  We had planned on going to the zoo, but when we got there, I couldn't park within about a 3 block radius because it was so crowded!  There was a parking lot just across the street, but it turns out it was a parking lot for the This is the Place Heritage Park, which also had a sign saying no zoo parking!  So, we decided to change our plans a bit and went there first, and then made it to the zoo for about an hour after that!  It was actually a lot of fun!  I hadn't been there for years, and I didn't realize how much stuff there was to do!  We got to ride on the train all around the whole park, and then the kids went on a pony ride, and there was a petting zoo with baby lambs!  They have play places for kids as well, but we didn't make it back to those because we did want to get to the zoo.  We saw the baby elephant at the zoo, and they have some fun dinosaur robots scattered around the park for the year that make noise, and one that squirts you!  But, like I said, it was super crowded, and we didn't stay for very long, so I never got my camera out! 
This is Eden riding her pony.  Actually, she would be upset if she knew I called it a pony, because it was a horse!   
Doesn't Emma look all natural riding her horse?!  I was worried at first about having all the kids ride at the same time because I didn't know how they would do by themselves!  But, they all went right on, and loved it! 
When the ride was over, the guy who was running it was helping the kids get off.  Isaac was the last one to get off, and his horse decided it wasn't stopped where it wanted to be, and pretty much walked another full circle before the guy could catch up!  Isaac just giggled the whole time!
All the kids got the chance to feed the baby lambs.  I forgot to get my camera out with the first group, which was Laurie, Isaac, and Eden, but I did get a few pictures of Thomas and Emma.  We were actually really lucky to get to feed them.  They only do it once or twice a day, and we just happened to be there for one of the feedings!  The baby lambs were so cute, and it was so much fun petting them!!!
I can never get my pictures in the right order!  Here is Laurie getting her turn riding the horse!
We signed Isaac up for T-ball this year, and out of the 4 games so far, 2 have been rained out!  This was the first game that wasn't rained out, and he just played his second game today.  It is so much fun watching them play!  When his team is outfield and the ball gets hit, pretty much the whole team runs to the ball and try to dive on it!  It's pretty funny!  Isaac's coach taught them how to be ready in the outfield, and I think Isaac looks so cute out there!  He's actually one of the few kids that still does this, and he does it the whole time he's outfield!!  The only problem right now is that he gets really frustrated with his hitting.  This is his first time using a real bat and ball with a tee, and he hasn't figured out how to hit it hard yet, which makes him mad!

So, Ammon is only one, but he has already discovered a new favorite activity! He loves our little slide, and yes, he climbs on it all by himself and goes down all by himself! I have to hide it in the closet because he would spend all day on it, and I worry that he will fall off! He is turning out to be quite the climber. He climbs in and out of his walker all by himself as well!  Some of the following picutes are blurry, but I was trying to get a more video feeling of him going down the slide!
Not only is this a cute picture of EmmaLee, but take a look at Ammon's face!  He is not happy that someone besides himself is on the slide, and he's trying to push her off!
This is my cute nephew Alexander.  He is Rob's sister's baby that is about 2 1/2 weeks younger than Ammon.  The next time they come over, I'll have to take a picture of Ammon and Lex next to each other so you can see the height difference.  Lex is about 5 inches taller than Ammon!  He is so cute, and all my kids love when Lex comes over to play!  He's such an easy going baby too!
Today was such a nice day (finally!) that I took the kids to a nearby park for a couple of hours to play.  I had Ammon in the stroller with the shade over him, but he still managed to get some sun!  The pictures don't show it as well as in person, but we all have pretty red cheeks tonight!
Eden and her pink cheeks!
Okay, so this is a very weird picture, but I think it's kind of funny/amazing too!  Eden was taking pictures and took this one of her mouth.  I thought it was funny how her tongue looks like a heart!  For whatever reason, the picture fascinates me!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

I was trying to guess what that last picture was and thought it was a wax mold of a mouth. Very Cool!

I love the Zoo and plan to go again this year, while the dinosaurs exhibit is still around.

jessi said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun! The picture of Edens mouth is awesome! I thought it was a wax mold too!

Laura said...

Wow, we have exactly that same slide. Squiggles loves going down, but does not even attempt to go up it. Ammon is a smarty pants! I see mountaineering in his future...

Laura said...

Wow, we have exactly that same slide. Squiggles loves going down, but does not even attempt to go up it. Ammon is a smarty pants! I see mountaineering in his future...