2014

2014

Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm Back!

Well, we got the internet today, and it's actually high speed, so I'm back, and faster than ever! I'm so excited! I have a bunch of pictures to download, but I went to download them and realized that I don't know where my cable to connect my camera to my computer is! I think it must still be packed somewhere, so I'm going to look for it, and when I find it, I'll post some pictures! I am feeling more settled in than the last time I wrote, but still haven't been getting much sleep. I think I found out a big reason why on Friday. I took Isaac in for a check up, and they checked his iron levels, which an 11 is the low normal, and his was a 6.5!!! Sooooo, we immediately put him on an iron supplement, and we've actually already seen a difference in him even in just 3 days! He is sleeping a bit better, and he's not nearly as grouchy as he's been! I guess low iron can cause a lot of problems, such as being super low energy, but not being able to sleep, being moody, having a low immune system (no wonder we haven't been able to get him better!), and a few other things. Hopefully now we'll be able to get him better, happier, and sleeping better! Anyway, I'll be back soon once I find my cable!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

That's interesting, I had no idea low iron could affect you that way. I'm so glad that you're back and all ready to blog again! Can't wait to see the pics! Are you coming to the homecoming?

Cami said...

Isn't high speed great? We got high speed for the first time back in August, and I just sat there for an hour or two clicking on as many links as I could and being amazed. Aaahhh, the speed in which you can upload photos! Enjoy!

p.s. My kids also had low iron levels and were terrible sleepers-now I wonder if they were related. I'll be interested to know how things go on that front, so keep me posted.

Kimberly said...

I'm glad things are going better for you guys. Caleb has had low iron for a while but now they took him off the iron supplement and now he's taking a flinstone vitamin and flouride everyday. So I know how it goes. I'm so glad Issac is already doing better, poor little guy. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Z said...

Yea for high speed internet. We've actually been stealing our neighbors internet in the apartments we were living in. (gasp!) Now we have our own, I can't believe how much faster it is. It's also nice that pages don't close unexpectedly. That was getting old. ;) Also, I'm having Eli's iron levels checked b/c he's the worst sleeper. Ever.

Z said...

That last comment was made by Karen B...not Zack...though he's sitting next to me and says to say hello.

Laura said...

Karen: WHY ARE YOU PRETENDING YOU'RE ZACK??? Please stoppit immediately.

Diana: Now that you have high-speed internet, I have no excuse not to make my blog cuter (I told myself I was keeping it plain so that those with dial-up could see it without a hassle... now I guess I'll have to admit it's because I'm lazy).

I'm glad you were able to catch the anemia relatively early. Hopefully it will make a big difference.